Physical education at St John Bosco’s is focused on skills and enjoyment to encourage lifelong physical activity participation. Students are taught fundamental movement skills and concepts to allow them to confidently participate in a range of games and sports. Our school dispositions play a large part in physical education lessons as we hope to promote cooperation, resilience and reflective learners.
Teamwork and cooperation is a large part of all physical education lessons which helps the students build confidence and resilience.
Children in grades P – 6 will participate in one 40 minute PE session per week.
Opportunities for participation:
- Whole school athletics carnival
- Whole school swimming carnival
- Cross country team: Grades 4 – 6
- Interschool soccer carnival: Grade 5 – 6
- Interschool AFLW carnival: Grades 5 – 6
- Interschool sport: Grade 6 Term 1; Hot Shots Tennis, T-ball, Basketball Term 2; Football, Netball, Volleyball
Uniform Policy and Basic Expectations:
Students must be in their P.E uniform on their specified PE day. During terms 1 and 4, students must wear a hat and bring a drink bottle.
We understand that there may be times during the year where your child is unable to participate in lessons due to illness or injury, if this is the case please provide a note outlining the reasons.