Enrolments for 2021 are NOW OPEN and all applications must be received by Friday 27 March .
2021 Prep Enrolment Session – Wednesday 18th March 2020, 12pm.
Forms at Main Office as of Wednesday the 19th of February or download form below.
CRITERIA FOR ACCEPTANCE
The child is baptised Catholic. The child must be turning 5 years of age by 30th April in the year of enrolment. Please note that acceptances are based on the available number of places. The number of children within these classes will be based on C.E.O. and V.I.E.U. policy.
- Siblings of current students within the Parish are accepted first. Siblings from outside the Parish will receive a place after Catholics in the Parish, and if places exist.
- Deferrals from the previous year if in the Parish. If not, these places will only be available if there are spaces left after all Catholics within the parish are placed.
- Catholics living within parish boundaries that actively participate in a Parish community (Boundaries are clearly set at Diocesan level)
- Catholics living within parish boundaries who as yet have not participated in a Parish community
- Catholics living outside the Parish who have been unsuccessful in securing enrolment in their own Parish school and are actively involved in a Parish community.
- Catholics living outside the Parish who have been unsuccessful in securing enrolment in their own Parish school and as yet have not participated in a Parish community.
- Catholics living outside the Parish. If vacancies exist in the school, families requesting to enrol must state in writing their individual circumstances and must be released from their residential Parish. In these circumstances people involved in a Parish community will get preference over families not yet participating.
- Non-Catholic Living in the Parish. According to CEO guidelines preference is given to Eastern Orthodox students e.g. Greek Orthodox.
The Parish Priest and Principal together decide on the successful applicants in light of the above criteria and judgement as to whether the child is ready to start school.
Successful applicants are notified in writing as soon as possible. They are also invited to an Orientation Day in November. Prior to that day the children from each pre-school group spend time in the school as part of their orientation to school.